Wait a second, haven’t we already done a Sparrow and the Workshop Toad Session? Why yes we have, and it is here. But if you follow that link you may well understand why we’ve recorded another one.
Basically, back then I didn’t really have any idea how to record and mix things, I had no idea how to export video properly, and YouTube was in a 640×480 format, meaning that everything looks like it should have been embedded on a Geocities site, not a swish, modern music blog. So we sat down with Broken Records, Meursault and first Sparrow and the Workshop and did whole new Toad Sessions with them because, well because they live locally and we’re all friends and fuck it, we can.
So this is the second Sparrow and the Workshop Toad Session. The photos were by Nic Rue, as is becoming increasingly traditional, and her fella and fellow long-time Session veteran Rory helped record and also film, along with Ian Greenhill. Gavin White, who also filmed the session, was kind enough to edit it for us. His stuff is on Vimeo under the name of Full Fridge Video.
Full interview podcast:
Session track videos
01. Sparrow and the Workshop – The Gun (Toad Session) (00.07)
02. The Rosy Crucifixion – Don’t Water Dead Flowers (15.06)
03. Thee Oh Sees – Nightcrawler (18.37)
04. Sparrow and the Workshop – Medal Round Your Neck (Toad Session) (23.13)
05. Lal Waterson – Midnight Feast (34.42)
06. Richard Dawson – Poor Old Horse (38.23)
07. Sparrow and the Workshop – Shock Shock (Toad Session) (54.45)
08. The Roches – Hammond Song (58.48)
09. Country Teasers – Golden Apples (1.04.18)
10. Sparrow and the Workshop – Flower Bombs (Toad Session) (1.14.55)