Well as you probably know, Mrs. Toad and I spent the last quarter of 2015 living in Brooklyn – in Red Hook to be precise – and it was fucking amazing.
Red Hook itself is a fucking brilliant neighbourhood. Still pretty industrial, but with loads of really nice places, so the balance between residents and incoming hipsters (like, I suppose, ourselves – we are the problem!) is still pretty decent for the time being. Only a matter of time, I suppose, but for now it’s a pretty great place to be.
Well while I was out there I went to some gigs, listened to some music, and with the help of my little brother’s recording expertise and Tom from Gold Flake Paint‘s curatorial sagacity we made a record. That’s right, the fifth Song, by Toad Split 12″ (actually the one and only release on Toad Flake Paint Records) was recorded at the National Opera Centre while I was out there.
So this is a mix of bands I saw, bands I listened to and bands I worked with in the three months when we could pretend to be a trendy Brooklyn record label for a bit.
01. The Avett Brothers – I and Love and You (00.24)
02. Told Slant – Ohio Snow Falls (09.29)
03. Sean Henry – The Crow (12.32)
04. Samantha Crain – Elk City (20.59)
05. Kevin Morby – Slow Train (29.01)
06. Florist – Vacation (39.39)
07. Furnsss – Settle Down (43.31)
08. Alex G. – Kicker (52.15)
09. Cashavelly Morrison – Iodine (55.24)
10. Infinity Girl – Firehead (1.03.52)