This is what is becoming the annual Rust2Rome podcast. Not so much intentionally as such, it’s just that sitting in the car with tapes is pretty much the only music I’ve been listening to recently that’s all, so that’s what the podcast is from.
After two years doing the French Alps route I decided that since Mrs. Toad wasn’t coming with me this time (she’s coming on Rust2Romania in August) I would try the new Swiss Alps route.
The driving was definitely more spectacular, if not quite as quick due to the general busyness of the roads, but it was fantastic to do the new route. And after the absolute rammy last year when there were 55 cars and 140 people, going in a group with 10 cars and a mere 22 people was blissful peace and quiet, much more sociable and of course with fewer people everything was easier too.
What a fantastic expedition! And good old Bette too – ticking up towards 300,00 miles!
Direct download: Toadcast #317 – The Swisscast
Subscribe to the Toadcasts on iTunes
Subscribe to the Toadcasts on Mixcloud
01. The Golden Toadstools – Silly Savage (00.21)
02. Soulsavers – Revival (05.35)
03. The Growlers – Gay Thoughts (13.39)
04. Adam Faucett – Melanie (18.36)
05. The Tarantulas – Tucumcari (26.13)
06. Bob Seger 2+2=? (32.46)
07. Grandaddy – El Caminos in the West (37.27)
08. Yo La Tengo – Outsmartener (40.54)
09. Creedence Clearwater Revival – Fortunate Son (48.47)
10. SWF – Automobile Blues (56.07)