Mrs. Toad and I, as you possibly know, went on something of an epic road trip at the end of July this year.
We took the ferry to Amsterdam and drove up through Germany to Denmark, through Sweden via the Volvo Museum, and into Norway, where we went all the way up the West Coast via the Trollstigen in the South, up through Molde, Kristiansund, Trondheim, Mo I Rana, through the Lofoten Islands to Tromsø. After a couple of days there we went East and South through Finland, took the ferry from Helsinki to Tallinn, then drove through Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania into Russia where we spent our 10th wedding anniversary in Kaliningrad, on board a decommissioned oceanographic research vessel.
From there it was Poland and the Czech Republic to Vienna, where Mrs. Toad flew home and I carried on to even sillier adventures. But that is the subject for another podcast. For now, here are a bunch of songs from our Norway trip. Because these were all on mixtapes to play in the car whilst driving it’s all actually surprisingly upbeat too. Not your usual miserable shite.
01. The Get Me Downs – Sexsie Volvo (00.13)
02. The Spencer Davis Group – I’m a Man (05.44)
03. Evan Dando – Hard Drive (11.47)
04. Fleetwood Mac – Tusk (15.07)
05. She and Him – Don’t Look Back (22.16)
06. Jerry Reed – Tex Bound and Flyin’ (27.52)
07. The Beatles – Everybody’s Got Something to Hide Except for Me and My Monkey (35.33)
08. Kate and Anna McGarrigle – Come a Long Way (38.03)
09. The Come Ons – Strangelove (41.35)
10. Dory Previn – The Lady With the Braid (48.17)
11. Grandaddy – El Caminos in the West (52.17)
12. Raggare United – Volvo 245 (58.17)